Statement from Hershey Bears on Suspension of AHL Season
March 12, 2020Following today's announcement of the American Hockey League (AHL) suspending the 2019-20 season due to COVID-19, effective immediately the Hershey Bears have released the following statement from Vice President of Hockey Operations, Bryan Helmer.
"We support the American Hockey League's decision to suspend play at this time. The health and safety of our players, staff, fans, and community remains our top priority. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation with regular updates and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health, as well as additional government agencies and health care providers. We will work closely with those agencies and the AHL as this situation evolves.”
Given the decision by the AHL today, please hold onto your tickets as fans who have tickets already purchased for a postponed game will be honored when the game is rescheduled. Ticket and future schedule information will be announced when available on our website HersheyBears.com and our social media channels. Thank you for your support.
Official American Hockey League Release:
With the health and safety of our players, officials, staff and fans of primary importance, the American Hockey League has announced the suspension of play until further notice, effective immediately, due to concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic.
The AHL will continue to monitor developments and will provide updates on the 2019-20 season at the appropriate time.
- 2019-20 Season Cancelled: Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019-20 Season Recap
- Bears, Capitals Extend Affiliation Agreement
- AHL Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season and Playoffs
- Hershey Bears Kid and Family Activities!
- Get your Hershey Bears Teleconference Backgrounds Here!
- Kessy Named Hershey's IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Statement from Hershey Bears on Suspension of AHL Season
- Weekly Release #23: Bears Gain Momentum From Big Road Weekend
- Bears Announced March 20 Road Game at Lehigh Valley to Be Televised