Shepard Recalled, Fucale Returns to Bears
May 7, 2022The Washington Capitals have recalled goaltender Hunter Shepard from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today. Shepard, 26, has posted a record 5-3-0 with a 2.06 goals-against average and a .922 save percentage in nine games with Hershey this season.
Additionally, the 6’0”, 215-pound goaltender has appeared in 23 games for the South Carolina Stingrays in the ECHL, posting a record of 12-9-2 with a 2.88 goals-against average and a .917 save percentage.
Additionally, the Capitals have re-assigned goaltender Zach Fucale to the Hershey Bears.
Fucale, 26, posted a record of 1-1-1 with one shutout, a 1.75 goals-against average and a .924 save percentage in four games for the Capitals this season. The 6’2”, 189-pound goaltender became the first goaltender in franchise history to record a shutout in his NHL debut when he stopped all 21 shots against the Detroit Red Wings on Nov. 11 at Little Caesars Arena.
In 31 games with the Bears this season, Fucale posted a record of 11-15-5 with a 2.62 goals-against average and a .896 save percentage.
- Geisser to Play at IIHF World Championship
- Bears Season Ends With Overtime Heartbreaker
- Playoff Game 3 Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 p.m.
- Bears Win Game 2, Force Decisive Game 3 Monday
- Playoff Game 2 Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Leason Re-assigned to Bears Ahead of Game 2
- Shepard Recalled, Fucale Returns to Bears
- Bears Drop Game 1 to Penguins, 3-0
- Playoff Game 1 Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 p.m.
- Brett Leason Recalled by Capitals