Mike Vecchione Recalled by Capitals
March 15, 2022The Washington Capitals, the NHL affiliate of the Hershey Bears, announced today that forward Mike Vecchione has been recalled from Hershey.
Vecchione, 29, has posted 36 points (12g, 24a) in 43 games this season with the Bears. He leads Hershey in assists (24) and power play points (18). He is tied for first on the club in power play goals (5), and ranks second in points (36).
The native of Saugus, Mass. was signed as a free agent by Washington on Aug. 5, 2021. He has appeared in two NHL games with Philadelphia, and over his five professional seasons, the former Union College standout has scored 160 points (72g, 88a) in 254 career AHL games with Lehigh Valley, San Antonio, Colorado, and Hershey.
The Bears return to action on Thursday in Toronto. Puck drop is slated for 1:30 p.m. at the Coca-Cola Coliseum. The game may be viewed on AHLTV and heard on the Highmark Bears Radio Network.
- NewBears Take Down Checkers, 4-2
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 p.m.
- Bears Weekly Release: Bears Face Checkers, Islanders and Monsters
- Shepard Recalled by Caps, Stevenson Re-assigned to Bears
- Bears Suffer 7-3 Loss to Penguins
- Bears Ink Goaltender Justin Kapelmaster to PTO
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 3 p.m.
- Bears Announce Hall of Fame Classes of 2021 and 2022
- Shepard Named AHL Goalie of Month for November
- O'Neil and Kim Returned to South Carolina