Capitals Re-sign Lucas Johansen
October 3, 2020The Washington Capitals, the AHL affiliate of the Hershey Bears, have re-signed defenseman Lucas Johansen to a one-year, two-way contract ($700,000/$95,000), senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.
Johansen, 22, recorded two assists in nine games with the Bears last season. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound defenseman missed most of last season due to injury.
Johansen registered 14 points (three goals, 11 assists) in 45 games with the Bears in 2018-19. In 128 career AHL games with Hershey, Johansen has recorded 43 points (nine goals, 34 assists).
Prior to joining Hershey, the Vancouver native helped Kelowna win the WHL championship in 2015 and earned 98 points (17 goals, 81 assists) in 202 career WHL games.
Johansen was drafted in the first round, 28th overall, in the 2016 NHL Draft
- Axel Jonsson-Fjallby Re-Signs With Caps
- AHL Announces Division Format For 2021-22, Schedule Unification for 2022-23
- Bears Announce 2021 Player Awards Winners
- Capitals Re-Sign Joe Snively
- Carbery Wins Louis A.R. Pieri Memorial Award as AHL's Outstanding Coach
- McMichael, Schilling Named to North Division All-Star Team
- McMichael Named to AHL All-Rookie Team
- Fucale, Copley Win Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award
- McMichael Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Bears Go Out Winners, End Season with 5-2 Victory over Baby Pens