Jonsson-Fjallby to Start Season Oveseas
September 14, 2020The Washington Capitals have loaned left wing Axel Jonsson-Fjallby to Vastervik IK of the Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan League to begin the 2020-21 season, senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today. It is expected that the Capitals will recall Jonsson-Fjallby to North America upon the commencement of the Capitals’ 2020-21 training camp.
Jonsson-Fjallby, 22, recorded 23 points (12 goals, 11 assists) in 61 games with Hershey in 2019-20. The 6-foot-1, 194-pound forward was tied for first on the team in shorthanded points (one goal, two assists), ranked fifth in plus/minus (9) and tied for sixth in goals.
During the 2018-19 season, the Stockholm, Sweden, native recorded three points (two goals, one assist) before he was loaned to Djurgardens IF in the Swedish Hockey League, where he would record 10 points (one goal, nine assists) in 36 games. Jonsson-Fjallby added another 12 points (seven goals, five assists) in 19 playoff games with Djurgadens IF.
The Capitals selected Jonsson-Fjallby with their fifth-round pick, 147th overall, in the 2016 NHL Draft.
- Statements from the AHL and Hershey Bears on 2020-21 Season
- 2019-20 Season Cancelled: Frequently Asked Questions
- Bears Re-sign Hard-Nosed Winger Kale Kessy
- 2020 Offseason Player Tracker
- Bears Bring Back Familiar Face, Ink Herbert to AHL Deal
- Capitals Ink Sprong to Two-Year Extension
- Capitals Re-sign Pinho to Two-Year Contract
- Bears Sign Forward Mason Morelli to AHL Deal
- By Popular Demand-Pre-Order Your Chocolate Drip Jersey!
- Jonsson-Fjallby to Start Season Oveseas