Djoos Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
February 10, 2020The American Hockey League announced today that Hershey Bears defenseman Christian Djoos has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Feb. 9, 2020. In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Djoos will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Bears home game.
Djoos, 25, registered seven points in three games for Hershey last weekend, including a game-winning goal to go along with six assists, as the Bears moved into 1st Place in the Atlantic Division standings.
On Friday night at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Djoos earned an assist on Matt Moulson's opening goal to give Hershey a 3-0 win over the rival Penguins. On Saturday, he scored the decisive goal early in the second period and added two assists as the Bears recorded a 5-2 victory over Springfield. Djoos' goal came on the power play, his first power play marker since Feb. 26, 2017 at Bridgeport. The Gothenburg, Sweden native finished the weekend on Sunday afternoon by matching a career high with three assists in Hershey’s 5-2 win at Lehigh Valley.
Djoos has totaled four goals and 24 assists for 28 points in 37 games with Hershey this season, tied for fifth on the team in scoring. Djoos has scored 25 goals and 84 assists for 109 points in 168 career AHL contests with the Bears. Djoos has also tallied four goals and 20 assists for 24 points in 110 NHL contests with Washington, where he was a member of the Capitals’ Stanley Cup championship team in 2018.
- Statements from the AHL and Hershey Bears on 2020-21 Season
- 2019-20 Season Cancelled: Frequently Asked Questions
- NewSummer Mailbag: Zack Fisch Answers Your Questions!
- Bears Re-sign Veteran Scorer Matt Moulson
- 2020 Offseason Player Tracker
- Forward Matt Weis Returns to Bears, Signs AHL Deal for 2020-21
- Bears Re-sign Forward Steve Whitney
- Bears Sign Versatile Will Graber to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Two-Time All-American Goaltender Hunter Shepard
- Bears Sign Tyler Nanne to AHL Contract