Defender Martin Fehervary Joins Bears from Washington
October 6, 2019The Washington Capitals announced today that defenseman Martin Fehervary has been re-assigned to the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Fehervary, 20, made his NHL debut for the Capitals on Oct. 2, playing 13:34 and registering two penalty minutes in Washington's 3-2 overtime win at St. Louis. Only 19 at the time, Fehervary became just the 10th defenseman in Capitals team history to make his debut as a teenager. He has appeared in all three of Washington's contests this season.
A native of Bratislava, Slovakia, Fehervary was a 2nd round selection, 46th overall, by the Capitals in the 2018 NHL Draft. He skated with HV71 of the SHL last season, collecting seven points (one goal, six assists). He also served as the captain for Slovakia's World Junior Championship team, finishing with five points (one goal, four assists) in five games.
Fehervary will wear #42 for Hershey.
The Bears are in action tonight at the Giant Center at 5 p.m. versus the Providence Bruins. It's Hersheypark Pass Night as all fans will receive a one-day pass to Hersheypark valid through Jul. 31, 2020. Tickets are available and further information may be found at HersheyBears.com.
- HotJoin us for Hersheypark Pass Night on Feb. 25!
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Win in Shootout over Bridgeport
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 7 PM
- Pens Edge Bears in Goaltending Duel, 2-1
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM
- Whitney Re-assigned to South Carolina
- Bears Recall Wittchow from Stingrays
- Weekly Release #20: Hershey Looks To Hold Top Spot in Division
- Bears Finish Weekend with 5-3 Win Over Lehigh Valley
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 5 PM