Bears Home Opener Set for Oct. 5 vs. Baby Pens
July 9, 2019Puck drop for the Hershey Bears 2019-20 season is just 88 days away. The Bears, in conjunction with the American Hockey League, released further details for the club's home opener today. Hershey will open the home portion of its 82nd season in the AHL on Saturday, Oct. 5 at the Giant Center. The Bears battle the rival Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins that evening at 7 p.m.
The club's home opener will be the first game in the I-81 rivalry series versus the Baby Pens. Hershey went an impressive 9-2-0-1 versus Wilkes-Barre/Scranton last season.
Head coach Spencer Carbery returns for a second year behind the Hershey bench after guiding one of the most impressive turnarounds in franchise history last season. The Bears, who were in last place in the entire AHL on Dec. 21, qualified for the Calder Cup Playoffs, thanks to a franchise record 17-game point streak (16-0-0-1), and a 27-5-4-1 record in the second half of the season, good for a .789 points percentage in the final 38 games.
Hershey's complete 2019-20 regular season schedule is expected to be released tomorrow.
Season ticket packages for Hershey's 2019-20 season are on sale now, featuring discounted costs and extra added benefits. Full Season, Half Season, 12-game, and Flex-10 plans are available with packages starting at just $205. For more information, call 717-520-5796 or visit HersheyBears.com.
- Bears Announce 2019 Training Camp Schedule
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Allen and Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning