Bears Sign Forward Kale Kessy to AHL Deal
July 5, 2019The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Kale Kessy to a one-year, American Hockey League contract for the 2019-20 season.
Kessy, 26, completed his sixth professional season in 2018-19 after appearing in games for the AHL's Colorado Eagles and ECHL's Idaho Steelheads. In addition to 33 points (11 goals, 22 assists) in 35 games with Idaho, Kessy led the ECHL with 289 penalty minutes and registered 81 more penalty minutes in 15 games with the Colorado Eagles.
Dating back to 2013-14, the Shaunavon, Saskatchewan native has skated in 175 AHL games with the Oklahoma City Barons, Bakersfield Condors, Manitoba Moose, Cleveland Monsters and Colorado and totaled 29 career points (13 goals, 16 assists). Prior to turning pro, he appeared in parts of five season in the WHL with the Medicine Hat Tigers, Vancouver Giants and Kamloops Blazers, posting 112 points (46 goals, 66 assists) in 253 games.
Kessy was selected in the 4th round, 111th overall by the Phoenix Coyotes in the 2011 NHL Draft.
- Bears Announce 2019 Training Camp Schedule
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Allen and Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning