Bears Sign Goaltender Logan Thompson to AHL Contract
May 21, 2019The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed goaltender Logan Thompson to an American Hockey League contract for the 2019-20 season.
Thompson, 22, went 18-6-0 with Brock University in 2018-19, finishing second in the Ontario University Athletics (OUA) with a .934 save percentage and third in goals against average (2.22). He was named an OUA First-Team All-Star, OUA Rookie of the Year, and OUA Goalie of the Year. He had three shutouts at Brock, and recorded three 40-plus save games.
The 6-foot-3, 180-pound goaltender signed with the ECHL's Adirondack Thunder on Mar. 2 and starred in his professional debut that evening, turning aside 44 shots in an 8-1 win at Manchester. In eight games with the Thunder, Thompson went 2-4-1 with a 2.72 goals against average and a .918 save percentage. He signed a professional tryout with the Binghamton Devils on Apr. 9 and made his AHL debut in the regular season finale on Apr. 14 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, stopping 22 shots in a 5-2 loss.
Thompson, who participated in Washington Capitals Development Camp and skated with the Capitals in the 2018 Rookie Showcase, was a 2016 Western Hockey League (WHL) Champion with the Brandon Wheat Kings, and was a 2017-18 WHL Second Team All-Star.
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Matthew Weis to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Penn State Product Casey Bailey to PTO
- Bears Sign Forward Matt Moulson to AHL Deal