Capitals Re-sign Brian Pihno
May 20, 2019The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has re-signed forward Brian Pinho to one-year, two-way contract for the 2019-20 season. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Pinho, 24, posted 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in 73 games with the Chocolate and White this past season. He scored his first professional goal on Oct. 19 at Charlotte. In the playoffs, Pinho skated in eight games, and the rookie forward had two points (one goal, one assist). He struck for the overtime goal in Game 5 of the Atlantic Division Semifinals at Bridgeport, giving Hershey the series victory in the deciding game of the opening round of the Calder Cup Playoffs.
The native of North Andover, Massachusetts was a 6th round selection, 174th overall, of the Capitals in 2013. He won a National Championship at Providence College, where he appeared in 156 career NCAA games, tallying 115 points (39 goals, 76 assists).
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Allen and Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract