Devante Smith-Pelly Assigned to Bears
February 21, 2019The Washington Capitals announced today that forward Devante Smith-Pelly has been re-assigned to the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Smith-Pelly, 26, has eight points (four goals, four assists) in 54 contests with the Capitals this season. He helped the Capitals to a Stanley Cup Championship in 2018, scoring eight points (seven goals, one assist) in 24 playoff games. He notched a goal in Games 3 and 4 of the Stanley Cup Final versus Vegas, and scored the tying goal in the deciding Game 5 victory.
The 6-foot, 223-pound winger collected 16 points (seven goals, nine assists) in 75 games with the Capitals in 2017-18. Smith-Pelly has played 395 career NHL games with Anaheim, Montreal, New Jersey, and Washington, scoring 101 points (44 goals, 57 assists). He was originally a second round selection, 42nd overall, of the Ducks in the 2010 NHL Draft.
The native of Scarborough, Ontario last played in the AHL with the Norfolk Admirals in 2013-14, a year in which he led the club with 27 goals, and finished second on the team in points with 43. In 124 career AHL games with Syracuse and Norfolk, Smith-Pelly has scored 76 points (41 goals, 35 assists).
The Bears have points in 15 straight games and have won nine games in a row. The club returns to action Friday in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton at 7:05 p.m. before hosting the Rockford IceHogs at 7 p.m. on Saturday at Giant Center. Ticket information is available at HersheyBears.com.
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Allen and Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract