Djoos Joins Bears on Conditioning Assignment
February 3, 2019The Washington Capitals announced today that defenseman Christian Djoos has been assigned to the Hershey Bears on a long-term injury conditioning assignment. The announcement was made by Washington senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan. Djoos has joined the Bears ahead of today's game and will wear #29.
Djoos, 24, has skated in 28 games with the Capitals this season, posting four assists. He has not played since sustaining an injury on Dec. 11. Djoos had 14 points in 63 games last year with the Capitals, and also appeared in 22 playoff games, helping the Capitals to a Stanley Cup title.
The native of Gothenburg, Sweden played two seasons with the Bears from 2015-17, including a 58-point campaign in 2016-17 in which Djoos finished third in the AHL in scoring among defenders. That year he won the club's Dan Sernoffsky Most Improved Player Award and the Milton Garland Memorial Award for Best Defenseman. In total, Djoos has scored 81 points (21 goals, 60 assists) in 129 AHL games with Hershey.
The Bears host the Belleville Senators at 2 p.m. today. Ticket information is available at HersheyBears.com.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Checkers, 7 P.M.
- Checking In With Mark Lofthouse
- Weekly Release #1: Bears Open Season With Perfect Weekend
- Bears Announce Roster Moves, Three Sent to South Carolina
- Hershey Holds on Late to Sweep Opening Weekend
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 3 PM
- Bears Topple Checkers on Opening Night, 5-2
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 7 PM
- Bears Announce Opening Night Roster for 2021-22 Season
- Bears Sign Massie, Announce Multiple Roster Moves