Capitals Re-Sign Liam O'Brien
July 13, 2018The Washington Capitals, the NHL affiliate of the Hershey Bears, have re-signed forward Liam O'Brien to a one-year contract. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
O'Brien, 23, just completed his fourth season in the Capitals organization. With Hershey last year, the native of Halifax, Nova Scotia tied for second on the team with a career-high 17 goals. He compiled 26 points in 69 contests, and also accumulated 79 penalty minutes. He earned the Arlene Tighe Award as Hershey's unsung hero, and also skated in three games with the Capitals, posting five penalty minutes.
O'Brien's solid 2017-18 followed up a career year in 2016-17. That season, the 6-foot-1, 215-pound winger scored a personal-best 30 points (10 goals, 20 assists) and was named Hershey’s IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year for his outstanding commitment to the Hershey community.
It total, O'Brien has played 237 career AHL games with Hershey, scoring 80 points (38 goals, 42 assists) to go along with 437 penalty minutes. O'Brien was originally signed as a free agent by Washington on Oct. 6, 2014. He's appeared in 17 career games with the Capitals, scoring two points (one goal, one assist).
Season ticket packages for Hershey's 2018-19 season are on sale now, featuring discounted costs and extra added benefits. Full Season, 22-game, 12-game, and Flex-10 plans are available with packages starting at just $195. For more information, call 717-520-5796 or visit HersheyBears.com.
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Allen and Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract