Capital Re-assign Travis Boyd to Hershey
January 12, 2018The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has re-assigned forward Travis Boyd to the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Boyd, 24, ranks second among all Hershey skaters with 27 points (eight goals, 19 assists) in 37 games with the Chocolate and White this season. He ranks second on the club in assists and power play goals (4). The native of Hopkins, Minn. has posted eight multi-point games this season for Hershey.
The 5-foot-11, 185-pound center has collected 145 points (46 goals, 99 assists) in 191 career regular season games with Hershey. He led the Bears with 63 points in 2016-17, earning a roster spot in the 2017 AHL All-Star Classic. Boyd capped the season by being named a Second Team AHL All-Star and Hershey's MVP.
Boyd has appeared in two games with Washington, making his NHL debut on Dec. 4 versus San Jose. Boyd was originally a sixth round selection by the Capitals, 177th overall, in the 2011 NHL Draft.
The Bears return to action on tonight on the road versus Lehigh Valley. Hershey battles the Phantoms at 7:05 p.m. at the PPL Center. The game will be available via AHLLive.com and across the Bears Radio Network.
- NewBears Take Down Checkers, 4-2
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 p.m.
- Bears Weekly Release: Bears Face Checkers, Islanders and Monsters
- Shepard Recalled by Caps, Stevenson Re-assigned to Bears
- Bears Suffer 7-3 Loss to Penguins
- Bears Ink Goaltender Justin Kapelmaster to PTO
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 3 p.m.
- Bears Announce Hall of Fame Classes of 2021 and 2022
- Shepard Named AHL Goalie of Month for November
- O'Neil and Kim Returned to South Carolina