Hughes Loaned to Stingrays
December 19, 2017The Hershey Bears announced today that defenseman Tommy Hughes has been returned on loan to the club's ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays. The move was announced by Hershey’s Vice President of Hockey Operations, Bryan Helmer.
Hughes, 25, was recalled from South Carolina on Nov. 21 and skated in four games with Hershey, registering two penalty minutes. He has appeared in six games with the Stingrays this season, registering one assist and four penalty minutes. The London, Ontario native was signed to a one-year AHL deal by the Bears on Aug. 23.
Hughes spent the first four seasons of his professional career with the Hartford Wolf Pack. The 6-foot-2, 225-pound blue liner has appeared in 230 AHL games, registering 30 points (five goals, 25 assists) and 145 penalty minutes.
Hershey returns to action for two games in Charlotte this week. The Bears visit the Checkers tomorrow at 7 p.m. Zack Fisch has the call on the Bears Radio Network.
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win Over Checkers
- Bears, Capitals Announce Multiple Transactions
- Hockey Fights Cancer Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Recall Parker Milner from Stingrays
- Capitals Recall Lewington
- Bears Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night Saturday
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM
- Copley Earns Shutout in Shootout Loss
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM
- Weekly Release #6: Bears Prepare for Baby Pens and Defending Champs