Bears Re-Assign Hampus Gustafsson to South Carolina
December 12, 2017The Hershey Bears have announced today that forward Hampus Gustafsson has been assigned to the club's ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays. The move was announced by Hershey’s Vice President of Hockey Operations, Bryan Helmer.
Gustafsson, 24, has skated in 14 games with the Chocolate and White this season, tallying two assists. The rookie forward joined the Bears last March on an amateur tryout agreement, posting two assists in 10 games, and also appearing in four playoff contests.
The native of Ljungby, Sweden signed a two-year, entry-level deal with the Washington Capitals on Mar. 7. In 2016-17, Gustafsson skated for Merrimack College where he served as an alternate captain during his senior season. He led Merrimack in goals (15), ranked second in points (26) and fourth in assists (11) and was a nominee for the 2017 Hobey Baker Memorial Award.
The Bears host the Providence Bruins on Wednesday, December 13 at 7 p.m. at the Giant Center. That evening is Hersheypark Pass Night.
- Bears Announce 2019 Training Camp Schedule
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Allen and Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning