Home Game

vs 6-24 | 7 PM
Buy Tickets to next home game


Last Game
1st 2nd 3rd Final
Hershey Bears 1 1 1 3
Coachella Valley Firebirds 0 1 1 2
Record Teddy Bear Toss Capped off by 4-3 OT Win

Record Teddy Bear Toss Capped off by 4-3 OT Win

December 3, 2017

Sunday was a special night for the Hershey Bears. The club hosted the WGAL and CommunityAid Teddy Bear Toss, collecting a team-record 25,017 stuffed animals after the Bears first goal of the game. At the end of the night, the Bears earned a 4-3 comeback victory over the rival Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in overtime. Chris Bourque scored his team-leading 10th goal of the season at 1:15 of the extra session on the power play to give Hershey the win.

Trailing 2-0, Hershey finally struck at the 13:27 mark of the second period to send the teddy bears flying. Liam O'Brien scored his first of two goals on the night, beating Wilkes-Barre/Scranton goaltender Anthony Peters along the ice to make it 2-1. The goal came courtesy of a Hampus Gustafsson centering pass, and was O'Brien's fifth marker of the season. 

In the third period, Hershey scored two goals in a row to take a brief lead. First, O'Brien notched his second goal of the game at 8:49 on a delayed penalty. With netminder Pheonix Copley off for an extra attacker, Aaron Ness pulled back into neutral ice and set up a rush. Bourque fed O'Brien on the right wing, and the forward snapped a shot over the glove of Peters to make it 2-2. 

Jonas Siegenthaler would score to give Hershey the lead at 13:50, firing a seeing-eye wrist shot that found it's way through heavy traffic. The defender's shot from the right point was his third goal of the season, and second in as many nights, and gave Hershey a 3-2 lead. 

Less than a minute later at 14:45, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton responded. Josh Archibald executed a give-and-go with forward Tom Sestito, and Sestito finished, sliding a shot through the five-hole of Hershey netminder Pheonix Copley to tie the game once again. The goal was Sestito third of the season. 

With less than 40 seconds remaining, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's Garrett Wilson shot the puck over the glass from his own zone, resulting in a delay of game penalty. Hershey took the power play into overtime and Bourque struck. The forward walked in off the left point, and fired a slap shot that beat Peters blocker-side to give Hershey its first overtime win of the season. 

Hershey went 1-for-3 on the power play, while the Penguins were 0-for-1. Hershey outshot Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 29-25 in the victory, and improved to 11-10-0-3.

The Bears return to action Friday night in Allentown to visit the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. and Zack Fisch has the call on the Bears Radio Network.

device iconDownload the Applocation pin iconGet Directions