Ness Loaned to Hershey
November 29, 2017The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has loaned defenseman Aaron Ness to the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Ness, 27, skated in eight games with the Capitals this season, registering one assist and a +2 rating to go along with eight penalty minutes. The native of Roseau, Minnesota returns to Hershey after appearing in 52 games with the Bears last season, tallying 17 points (five goals, 12 assists).
The 5-foot-10, 184-pound blue liner has played in 113 career regular season games with the Chocolate and White over the past two seasons, scoring 44 points (11 goals, 33 assists) with a +7 rating. Ness has also skated in 30 Calder Cup Playoff games with the Bears, leading the club to the 2016 Calder Cup Finals.
The former captain of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers has appeared in 393 career AHL games, scoring 167 points (34 goals, 133 assists). The veteran will once again wear #27 for the Bears.
The Bears return to the ice on Friday for another Atlantic Division match-up against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Zack Fisch has the call on the Bears Radio Network. Pregame is slated for 6:35 pm prior to a 7:05 pm puck drop.
- NewBears Downed 5-2 by Phantoms
- NewFrank Named AHL Rookie of Month for January
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- NewProtas Loaned to Bears
- Bears Weekly Release: Bears Rematch with Phantoms, Islanders
- 2023 Teddy Bear Toss Sets New World Record, Collecting 67,309 Stuffed Animals
- Bears Blanked by Skarek in 2-0 Loss to Islanders
- Practice Schedule for Week of 1/30/23
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Islanders, 3 p.m.
- Bears Extend Point Streak to Eight Games in 7-3 Win Over Phantoms