Bears Re-Sign Goaltender Parker Milner
July 11, 2017The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has re-signed goaltender Parker Milner to an American Hockey League contract for the 2017-18 season. The announcement was made by Vice President of Hockey Operations Bryan Helmer.
Milner, 26, appeared in five games with Hershey during the 2016-17 season, going 3-2-0 with a 2.84 goals against average and a .913 save percentage. He won his first start with Hershey on Jan. 28, making 30 saves in a 4-2 win at Springfield. He allowed two or less goals in four of his five appearances.
The Pittsburgh, PA native spent the majority of the 2016-17 campaign with Hershey's ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays. Milner appeared in 43 regular season games, posting a 26-14-2 record with one shutout. He ranked seventh in the ECHL in minutes played (2520) and had a 2.72 goals against average and a .900 save percentage. In the playoffs, Milner led the Stingrays to the Kelly Cup Finals, appearing in all 22 playoff games with a 12-10 record, 2.30 goals against average, a .919 save percentage, and three shutouts.
The 6-foot-1, 187-pound Milner, a two-time national champion at Boston College, has skated in 20 career AHL games with Bridgeport, Iowa, and Hershey. He is 9-7-0 with a 3.05 goals against average and a .905 save percentage.
Information on full season tickets, 22-game and 12-game plans and flex-10 ticket plans for the 2017-2018 season is available now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Flexible ticket plans start as low as $195 per seat.
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Matthew Weis to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Penn State Product Casey Bailey to PTO
- Bears Sign Forward Matt Moulson to AHL Deal