Beck Malenstyn Joins Bears on Tryout Agreement
April 4, 2017(Hershey, PA- April 4, 2017)-The Hershey Bears hockey team announced today that forward Beck Malenstyn has been signed to an amateur tryout agreement. Additionally, the club has announced that defenseman Kris Bindulis has been released from his amateur tryout agreement.
Malenstyn, 19, was a fifth round selection of the Washington Capitals in the 2016 NHL Draft. He joins Hershey from the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League where he played for former Hershey head coach Mark French. The 6-foot-2, 194-pound forward had a breakout season with the Hitmen, scoring 56 points (32 goals, 24 assists) in 70 games. He finished both second on the team in goals and points. The native of Delta, BC has posted 96 points (48 goals, 48 assists) in 196 games over parts of four seasons with the Hitmen.
Bindulis, 21, was released from his amateur tryout as he will join his native Latvia for upcoming 2017 World Championships.
Hershey hits the road for three games this week. The Bears are outside of the Atlantic Division playoff picture by just one point with five games remaining. Hershey’s next game is at 7:05 p.m. on Wednesday at the PPL Center as the club rematches with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. The game may be heard on the Bears Radio Network and viewed on AHL Live.
- Statements from the AHL and Hershey Bears on 2020-21 Season
- 2019-20 Season Cancelled: Frequently Asked Questions
- 2020 Offseason Player Tracker
- Shane Gersich Re-signs with Washington
- Capitals Sign Former AHL MVP Daniel Carr to Contract
- Capitals Ink Defender Paul LaDue to One-Year, One-Way Deal
- Capitals Sign Defenseman Cameron Schilling
- Busy Week in NHL Set to Help Shape Bears Roster
- Capitals Re-sign Lucas Johansen
- Nardella Loaned to SHL for 2020-21 Season