Hershey Bears Re-Sign Joey Leach & Domenic Monardo for 2016-2017
July 7, 2016
(Hershey, PA – July 7, 2016) – The Hershey Bears have re-signed defenseman Joey Leach and forward Domenic Monardo to a one-year American Hockey League (AHL) contracts for 2016-2017 season. Both players are returning members of the organization from last season.
Leach, 24, spent the last four season in the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL) and AHL. This will be his second season with the Bears organization as last season he played 58 games with the South Carolina Stingrays and 6 with the Bears. Another Saskatchewan native, Leach was drafted #73 in round 3 of the 2010 NHL draft.
Monardo comes from the Springfield Falcons organization, where he played for the past two seasons. The 27-year-old, 5’10, 187-pound Monardo was part of the Hershey Bears organization during the 2013-2014 season when he played for the Reading Royals. That season he played a career-high of 70 games.
For more Hershey Bears’ news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat @HersheyBears and for more information, visit www.HersheyBears.com.
- HotJoin us for Hersheypark Pass Night on Feb. 25!
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Win in Shootout over Bridgeport
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 7 PM
- Pens Edge Bears in Goaltending Duel, 2-1
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM
- Whitney Re-assigned to South Carolina
- Bears Recall Wittchow from Stingrays
- Weekly Release #20: Hershey Looks To Hold Top Spot in Division
- Bears Finish Weekend with 5-3 Win Over Lehigh Valley
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 5 PM