In-Game Update: Bears 2, Sharks 3. FINAL.
April 1, 2015In the Hershey Bears' final Wednesday game of the 2014-15 campaign, they battled the Worcester Sharks for the final time. The Bears carried a 20-10 lead in shots into intermission, as well as a 1-0 advantage. Casey Wellman tallied the lone goal at the 7:01 mark, his 23rd of the season.
4:28 into the middle stanza, Liam O'Brien deflected a bouncing puck into the net to double his club's lead to 2-0. Less than two minutes later, Worcester tallied on Philipp Grubauer for the first time to cut the deficit. Travis Oleksuk finished a centering feed by Micheal Haley following a quick wrap-around.
But just 2:23 into the third period, the Bears' lead evaporated. Matt Willows threw a wrist shot on net that trickled through Grubauer and into the cage. The 2-2 score held for the remainder of regulation and a seven minute overtime period. The shootout was not decided until round seven, where John McCarthy scored to end it for the Sharks.
OFFICIAL RECAP COMING SOON
- HotJoin us for Hersheypark Pass Night on Feb. 25!
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Win in Shootout over Bridgeport
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 7 PM
- Pens Edge Bears in Goaltending Duel, 2-1
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM
- Whitney Re-assigned to South Carolina
- Bears Recall Wittchow from Stingrays
- Weekly Release #20: Hershey Looks To Hold Top Spot in Division
- Bears Finish Weekend with 5-3 Win Over Lehigh Valley
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 5 PM