In-Game Update: Bears 2, Sharks 3. FINAL.
April 1, 2015In the Hershey Bears' final Wednesday game of the 2014-15 campaign, they battled the Worcester Sharks for the final time. The Bears carried a 20-10 lead in shots into intermission, as well as a 1-0 advantage. Casey Wellman tallied the lone goal at the 7:01 mark, his 23rd of the season.
4:28 into the middle stanza, Liam O'Brien deflected a bouncing puck into the net to double his club's lead to 2-0. Less than two minutes later, Worcester tallied on Philipp Grubauer for the first time to cut the deficit. Travis Oleksuk finished a centering feed by Micheal Haley following a quick wrap-around.
But just 2:23 into the third period, the Bears' lead evaporated. Matt Willows threw a wrist shot on net that trickled through Grubauer and into the cage. The 2-2 score held for the remainder of regulation and a seven minute overtime period. The shootout was not decided until round seven, where John McCarthy scored to end it for the Sharks.
OFFICIAL RECAP COMING SOON
- HotUDS Dog Calendars Make a Great Holiday Gift!
- AHL Moves Start Date for 2021 Season To February 5
- 2019-20 Season Cancelled: Frequently Asked Questions
- Bears Name Emily Engel-Natzke Video Coach, Elenberger Promoted to Caps
- 2020 Offseason Player Tracker
- Shane Gersich Re-signs with Washington
- Capitals Sign Former AHL MVP Daniel Carr to Contract
- Capitals Ink Defender Paul LaDue to One-Year, One-Way Deal
- Capitals Sign Defenseman Cameron Schilling
- Busy Week in NHL Set to Help Shape Bears Roster