BEARS AGREE TO TERMS WITH FORWARD PHILIPPE CORNET
August 18, 2014HERSHEY, Pa. – The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has agreed to terms with forward Philippe Cornet on a one-year American Hockey League contract. The announcement was made by Bears President/GM Doug Yingst.
Cornet, 24, began the 2013-2014 season with the AHL’s San Antonio Rampage before being acquired by the Charlotte Checkers on November 22. In 58 games with the Checkers, Cornet recorded 28 points (13 goals, 15 assists).
The 6-0, 196-pound native of Val-Senneville, Quebec has played parts of four seasons in the AHL with the Oklahoma City Barons, Rampage and Checkers, and has a total of 122 points (59 goals, 63 assists) in 235 regular-season games. He added 16 points (four goals, 12 assists) in two Calder Cup playoff appearances with the Barons, and played for the Western Conference at the 2012 AHL All-Star Classic.
Cornet netted a career-best 24 goals with Oklahoma City in 2011-2012, the same season in which he made his NHL debut with the parent Edmonton Oilers. He recorded his first NHL point, an assist, in his first-ever game on January 31, 2012 against the Colorado Avalanche.
Prior to turning pro, Cornet played four years of junior hockey with Rimouski Oceanic and Rouyn-Noranda Huskies of the QMJHL. He posted 224 points (87 goals, 137 assists) in his career, and played for the host city of Rimouski in the 2009 Memorial Cup tournament. He also won a gold medal playing for Team Quebec at the 2006 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
Cornet was selected by Edmonton in the fifth round (133rd overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Season tickets for the 2014-2015 Hershey Bears regular season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Many different flexible plans are available and start as low as $170.
- Bears Announce Schedule for 2021-22 Season
- Bears Home Opener Slated for Saturday, October 16
- Bears Sign Yanick Turcotte to AHL Deal
- Capitals Add McIlrath and Irwin, Sign Shepard, Re-Sign Johansen
- Captain Matt Moulson Returns for Third Season with Bears
- Bears Sign Veteran Defender Cody Franson to AHL Deal
- Forward Mason Morelli Re-Signs with Bears, Inks AHL Deal
- Bears Re-Sign Will Graber
- Spencer Carbery Named Assistant Coach of Toronto Maple Leafs
- Bears Re-sign Kale Kessy to Two-Year Deal