BEARS SIGN FORWARD TIM SPENCER FOR 2014-15
August 14, 2014HERSHEY, Pa. – The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Tim Spencer to a one-year contract. The announcement was made by Bears President/GM Doug Yingst.
Spencer, 28, returns to the AHL after a one-year stint playing overseas for the EIHL’s Sheffield Steelers. In 61 games, the forward recorded 34 points (10 goals, 24 assists) and 147 penalty minutes, with his point total ranking eighth among his teammates.
The 6-6, 230-pound native of Carnduff, Saskatchewan has appeared in 104 American Hockey League games with the Manitoba Moose, Binghamton Senators and Springfield Falcons, recording six points (three goals, three assists) and 263 penalty minutes. His pro career also includes 168 games spent with Alaska, Las Vegas, Elmira, Florida, Chicago and Trenton of the ECHL, with a total of 29 points (eight goals, 21 assists) and 541 penalty minutes.
Spencer played two years of junior hockey prior to turning pro. He was as member of the QMJHL’s Moncton Wildcats and St. John’s Fog Devils from 2005-2007, and was a Memorial Cup finalist with the Wildcats in 2006.
Season tickets for the 2014-2015 Hershey Bears regular season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Many different flexible plans are available and start as low as $170.
- Axel Jonsson-Fjallby Re-Signs With Caps
- AHL Announces Division Format For 2021-22, Schedule Unification for 2022-23
- Bears Announce 2021 Player Awards Winners
- Capitals Re-Sign Joe Snively
- Carbery Wins Louis A.R. Pieri Memorial Award as AHL's Outstanding Coach
- McMichael, Schilling Named to North Division All-Star Team
- McMichael Named to AHL All-Rookie Team
- Fucale, Copley Win Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award
- McMichael Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Bears Go Out Winners, End Season with 5-2 Victory over Baby Pens