BEARS SIGN FORWARD NATHAN WALKER
September 24, 2013
HERSHEY, Pa .– The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Nathan Walker to an American Hockey League contract for the 2013-14 season. The announcement was made by Bears President/GM Doug Yingst.
Walker, 19, will begin his first AHL training camp after playing six years in the Czech Republic and last season in the USHL. He posted 27 points (seven goals, 20 assists) in 29 games with the USHL’s Youngstown Phantoms in 2012-13.
The 5-10, 185-pound native of Sydney, Australia has also recorded 10 points (four goals, six assists) in 54 games while playing with Vitkovice HC in the Czech Republic’s top professional league from 2011-2013. He represented Australia at the IIHF World Championship Division II tournament in 2011 and the Division IB tournament in 2012.
Walkeralso earned a spot at the USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Muskegon, Michigan on January 23, 2013, and comes to Chocolatetown after a successful training camp with the Washington Capitals.
Season tickets for the 2013-14 Hershey Bears regular season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Many different flexible plans are available and start as low as $165.
- Bears Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Toronto
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 7 PM
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to Canada
- Boyd Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Bears Blowout Penguins for First Home Win
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 5 PM
- Boyd Lifts Bears Past Phantoms for First Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 PM
- Weekly Release #1: New Season Underway
- Bindulis, Weis Assigned to South Carolina