BEARS RETURN FORWARD T.J. SYNER TO ROYALS
November 17, 2013
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has returned forward T.J. Syner to the ECHL’s Reading Royals. The announcement was made by Bears President/GM Doug Yingst.
Syner, 25, has appeared in two games with the Bears, recording five penalty minutes. He returns to Reading where he has posted seven points (two goals, five assists), four penalty minutes and a team-best plus-six efficiency rating in six games.
Syner was an integral part of the Royals’ drive for their first Kelly Cup championship in team history last spring. The 5-9, 180-pound native of Springfield, Massachusetts recorded 22 points (nine goals, 12 assists) to finish second on the squad in scoring and third among all ECHL postseason players. He also added a playoff-best plus-22 efficiency rating, helped by a plus-five performance in the clinching game on May 25.
During the regular season in Reading, Syner averaged better than a point-per-game with a total of nine goals and 10 assists in 16 contests.
He spent the majority of the 2012-13 regular season in Hershey, posting seven points (three goals, four assists) and a plus-1 rating in 36 games.
Syner first joined the Bears late in the 2011-12 season following completion of his fourth year at UMass-Amherst (HE). He recorded 97 points (37 goals, 60 assists) in 135 career games with the Minutemen, and was a nominee for the Hobey Baker Award in his senior season.
- NewBears Road Game Moved from Dec. 8 and Dec. 14
- Bears Games Dec. 4 and Dec. 5 Postponed
- Bears vs. Phantoms Games on Nov. 28 and Dec. 1 Postponed
- Amerks Down Bears 7-3 on Black Friday
- Game Preview: Bears at Americans, 7:05 P.M.
- Bears Win in Overtime Upon Video Review on Thanksgiving Eve
- Game Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 PM
- Malenstyn, Sgarbossa Recalled by Washington
- Weekly Release #6: Trio of Games Thanksgiving Week
- Roster Moves See Pilon, Jonsson-Fjallby Return to Hershey