Roster Moves See Pilon, Jonsson-Fjallby Return to Hershey
November 23, 2021In a trio of roster moves over the last few days, the Washington Capitals have recalled right wing Brett Leason from the Hershey Bears and re-assigned Garrett Pilon and Axel Jonsson-Fjallby to Hershey, senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.
Pilon, 23, scored his first career NHL goal on Nov. 16 against the Anaheim Ducks and has played in two games for the Capitals this season. The Mineola, New York, native made his NHL debut with the Capitals last season on May 8, 2021 against the Philadelphia Flyers.
During the 2020-21 season, the 6’0”, 191-pound forward recorded 16 points (4g, 12a) in 14 games with the Bears, ranking third on Hershey in points per game (1.14).
In 159 career games with Hershey, Pilon has recorded 96 points (37g, 59a).
Jonsson-Fjallby, 23, has recorded one assist in eight games with Washington. Since making his NHL debut on Nov. 8 against the Buffalo Sabres, Jonsson-Fjallby ranks fourth on the Capitals in shot attempt percentage at five-on-five (52.4%).
Prior to his recall, Jonsson-Fjallby recorded seven points (3g, 4a) in nine games with Hershey this season.
In 31 games with the Bears last season, Jonsson-Fjallby recorded 15 points (10g, 5a) and set an AHL career high in goals per game (0.32). The 6’1”, 189-pound forward also played in 26 games with Vastervik IK in the Swedish Hockey League, where he recorded 15 points (4g, 11a)
- NewBears Take Down Checkers, 4-2
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 p.m.
- Bears Weekly Release: Bears Face Checkers, Islanders and Monsters
- Shepard Recalled by Caps, Stevenson Re-assigned to Bears
- Bears Suffer 7-3 Loss to Penguins
- Bears Ink Goaltender Justin Kapelmaster to PTO
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 3 p.m.
- Bears Announce Hall of Fame Classes of 2021 and 2022
- Shepard Named AHL Goalie of Month for November
- O'Neil and Kim Returned to South Carolina