Kempny Joins Bears on LTI Conditioning Loan
May 6, 2021The Washington Capitals announced today the defenseman Michal Kempny will join the Hershey Bears on a LTI conditioning loan.
Kempny, 30, has not played this season due to an injury suffered while training. The native of Hodonin, Czech Republic has played 232 career NHL games with the Capitals and Chicago Blackhawks, registering 61 points (14g, 47a), a +58 rating, and 130 penalty minutes.
He was a member of Washington's 2018 Stanley Cup Championship team, playing in 24 postseason contests that year, registering five points (2g, 3a).
Kempny will wear #6 with the Bears during his LTI conditioning loan. Injured defenseman Lucas Johansen will temporarily switch to #2.
The Bears are in action tomorrow evening in Newark versus the Binghamton Devils at 7 p.m. The game may be heard on the Highmark Bears Radio Network and viewed on AHLTV.
- Axel Jonsson-Fjallby Re-Signs With Caps
- AHL Announces Division Format For 2021-22, Schedule Unification for 2022-23
- Bears Announce 2021 Player Awards Winners
- Capitals Re-Sign Joe Snively
- Carbery Wins Louis A.R. Pieri Memorial Award as AHL's Outstanding Coach
- McMichael, Schilling Named to North Division All-Star Team
- McMichael Named to AHL All-Rookie Team
- Fucale, Copley Win Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award
- McMichael Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Bears Go Out Winners, End Season with 5-2 Victory over Baby Pens