Travis Boyd Returns to Hershey
October 7, 2019The Washington Capitals have loaned forward Travis Boyd to the Hershey Bears.
Boyd, 26, has skated in 217 career AHL games for the Bears, scoring 166 points (53 goals, 113 assists). His best season came during the 2016-17 campaign when he posted 63 points (16 goals, 47 assists). He played in the AHL All-Star game that season, and was past of the AHL Second All-Star team.
For his work in the 2016-17 campaign, Boyd earned Hershey's PNC Bank Team MVP honors. He repeated the honors in 2017-18, finishing with 47 points (15 goals, 32 assists) in 47 games. He made his NHL debut with the Capitals that year, and skated in eight games with the club, earning an assist. He also dressed in one playoff game en route to Washington's Stanley Cup victory.
With the exception of two games in Hershey on conditioning last year, Boyd played the entire season in Washington, collecting 20 points (five goals, 15 assists).
Boyd will wear #15 for Hershey, while Joe Snively will switch to #21.
- HotJoin us for Hersheypark Pass Night on Feb. 25!
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Win in Shootout over Bridgeport
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 7 PM
- Pens Edge Bears in Goaltending Duel, 2-1
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM
- Whitney Re-assigned to South Carolina
- Bears Recall Wittchow from Stingrays
- Weekly Release #20: Hershey Looks To Hold Top Spot in Division
- Bears Finish Weekend with 5-3 Win Over Lehigh Valley
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 5 PM