Bears to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night on Sunday
When the Bears take the ice that evening, the club will trade in Chocolate and White jerseys for Hockey Fights Cancer themed jerseys that are lavender in color. The special sweaters will be auctioned off following the game, with funds benefiting the American Cancer Society and Four Diamonds. The specialty jerseys will be unveiled on Tuesday via the team's social media channels.
Throughout the evening on Sunday, the Bears will share the stories of players and staff who have been impacted by cancer. Defender Logan Pyett will be among those sharing his story. The 30-year-old made his return to the AHL this season after being diagnosed with sarcoma, a form of cancer, in 2015.
"Hockey Fights Cancer Night will be a very meaningful evening," said vice president of hockey operations Bryan Helmer. "We are proud to host this event and help support the many members of our community and hockey family who have been directly impacted by cancer."
Fans are encouraged to wear lavender, and Penn State Health will assist with this by providing the first 5,000 fans at the game a lavender t-shirt.
Special Bears themed “I Fight For” signs are available to download and print HERE, and will also be available throughout the concourse on Sunday. The club will hold a “Moment of Fight” during the second period, and fans will be asked to hold up their “I Fight For” signs to showcase friends, family, and loved ones who have been impacted by cancer.
Fans may share their stories and who they fight for on social media by using the hashtags #HBHIFightFor and #HockeyFightsCancer.
Tickets to this powerful evening are on sale at the Giant Center Box Office, by calling 717-534-3911, or online via Ticketmaster.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and Hockey Fights Cancer name and logo are trademarks of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2018. All Rights Reserved
- NewBears Blank Devils in 1-0 Overtime Win
- NewSaturday's Game in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Moved to 3:05 p.m.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Bears Start Four-Game Road Trip
- Bears Sweep Home-and-Home with Lehigh Valley
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Samsonov's First AHL Shutout Helps Bears Snap Skid in Allentown
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- T-Birds Skate Past Bears With 6-2 Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.