Capitals Re-sign Riley Barber
The Washington Capitals, the NHL affiliate of the Hershey Bears, have re-signed Riley Barber to a one-year contract. Barber's contract will carry an average annual value of $650,000 and $115,000 in the AHL. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Barber, 24, appeared in 60 games in 2017-18 with Hershey, scoring a team-high 20 goals, and finishing fourth on the team with 38 points. He led the club with 10 power play goals, and was tied for the team lead with five game-winning markers. He tallied his 100th point as a member of the Bears on Dec. 23, scoring the game-winning goal in a 5-2 victory over Binghamton.
The Pittsburgh native has played 173 career games with the Chocolate and White over the past three seasons, scoring 120 points (59 goals, 51 assists). His best season came during his rookie campaign in 2015-16. Barber finished second on the team in goals (26), and points (55), and third in assists (29) that season, earning Hershey's Rookie of the Year. He helped the Bears to the 2016 Calder Cup Finals, scoring four points (one goal, three assists) in 17 playoff games.
The 6-foot, 190-pound forward was originally a sixth round selection, 167th overall, of the Capitals in the 2012 NHL Draft. He made his NHL debut with Washington on Feb. 24, 2017 vs. Edmonton, and appeared in three games with the Capitals during the 2016-17 season.
Season ticket packages for Hershey's 2018-19 season are on sale now, featuring discounted costs and extra added benefits. Full Season, 22-game, 12-game, and Flex-10 plans are available with packages starting at just $195. For more information, call 717-520-5796.
- Ticket Prices Slashed 50%
- Summer Mailbag: Offense, Captains, Defenders, and More
- Bears Sign Defender John MacLeod
- AHL Announces AHLTV as New Online Streaming Platform
- Bears Announce 2018-19 Promo Schedule, Ticket Info
- Bears Sign Forward Grant Besse to an AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Logan Pyett and Adam Morrison to AHL Deals
- 2018 Offseason Player Tracker
- Preseason Tickets on Sale Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- 2018 Offseason Player Tracker: Forwards