Bears Recall Hughes from Stingrays
Hughes, 25, was previously recalled from South Carolina on Nov. 21 and skated in four games with Hershey, registering two penalty minutes. He returned to South Carolina on Dec 19. The native of London, Ontario has appeared in 26 games with the Stingrays this season, registering eight points (two goals, six assists) and a +5 rating.
The 6-foot-2, 225-pound defender was signed to a one-year AHL deal by the Bears on Aug. 23.
Hughes spent the first four seasons of his professional career with the Hartford Wolf Pack. He has appeared in 230 AHL games, registering 30 points (five goals, 25 assists) and 145 penalty minutes.
Hershey returns to action north of the border as they battle the Laval Rocket on Friday night at 7:30 p.m. The game may be heard on the Bears Radio Network and viewed on AHLLive.com.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.
- Weekly Release #19: With Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada
- Bears Recall Hughes from Stingrays
- Late Comeback, Overtime Winner Earns Bears 3-2 Victory