Next Home Game

vs 12-21 / 7 PM
Bears Fall in Milwaukee, 4-1

Bears Fall in Milwaukee, 4-1

10/20/2017 - 10/20/2017 - The Hershey Bears visited Milwaukee, Wisconsin for their first battle with the Milwaukee Admirals since the 2006 Calder Cup Finals. Wayne Simpson scored his first goal as a member of the Hershey Bears, but three unanswered tallies by the Admirals downed the Bears, 4-1.

The Bears were called for four minor penalties in the opening period, and on the first one of the night, the Admirals struck first. Six seconds after a John Albert holding penalty put Hershey shorthanded, Tyler Kelleher scored from point-blank range on Parker Milner. Trevor Smith and Emil Pettersson received the helpers at the 7:02 mark.

Less than four minutes later, Wayne Simpson scored his first goal as a Hershey Bear. 10 seconds after a slashing penalty to Lucas Johansen expired, Simpson intercepted a pass and fired it past Admirals' goaltender Anders Lindback to tie the game at 1-1.

The game remained tied until the Admirals regained the lead with 6:09 left in the second period. Yakov Trenin turned the puck towards the goal from an angle, and the puck banked in off Tyler Moy to make it 2-1 Milwaukee.

The Admirals added insurance only 1:31 into the third period. Vladislav Kamenev tapped a back-door pass into a wide-open net past Milner to extend his club's lead. With 2:19 to play in regulation, Harry Zolnierczyk rounded out the scoring with an empty net strike on a 2-on-0 breakaway.

The Bears were 0-for-5 on the man-advantage and 6-for-7 on the penalty kill. Milner stopped 22 of the 25 shots in faced in the contest. Hershey falls to 0-3-0-1 with the loss, as Milwaukee improves to 4-0-0-0.

Hershey returns to action tomorrow, October 21 in Grand Rapids. They take on the defending Calder Cup Champions in the Griffins at 7 p.m. Eastern. Zack Fisch will have the call on the Bears Radio Network

Hershey Bears in a victory embrace

Join The Club!

Receive exclusive email with updates and offers.

Sign Me Up