Filepas Named Assistant Equipment Manager
Filepas, 27, is an Elizabethtown, PA native and is no stranger to the Hershey organization. Filepas returns to Central Pennsylvania after serving as the head equipment manager for the 2017 Clark Cup Champion Chicago Steel of the United States Hockey League (USHL) last season. With the Steel, Filepas was responsible for all team equipment needs including skate sharpening, jersey embroidery, equipment repair, and overseeing the team's ordering and inventory.
From 2008-12, Filepas worked with the Bears as a stick boy and locker room attendant, assisting during Hershey's Calder Cup Championship seasons in 2009 and 2010. Additionally, he worked at ProSkate, a hockey pro shop at Klick Lewis Arena in Palmyra.
Filepas replaces Josh Famularo as assistant equipment manager. Famularo recently accepted a position as the head equipment manager with the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL.
The Hershey Bears 2017-18 season is almost here! The puck drops on the historic 80th anniversary season with the home opener on Saturday, Oct. 14 versus Belleville. Information on the 2018 Capital BlueCross Outdoor Classic, full season tickets, 22-game and 12-game plans and flex-10 ticket plans for the 2017-2018 season is available now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Flexible ticket plans start as low as $195 per seat.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.
- Weekly Release #19: With Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada