Bears Sign Defender Tommy Hughes
Hughes, 25, spent the first four seasons of his professional career with the Hartford Wolf Pack. The 6-foot-2, 225-pound blue liner has appeared in 226 AHL games, registering 30 points (five goals, 25 assists) and 143 penalty minutes. He skated in 53 games with Hartford in 2016-17, tallying five assists. Hughes has also appeared in 15 career Calder Cup Playoff games, scoring three points (one goal, two assists).
Hughes was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the New York Rangers on Apr. 1, 2013. The native of London, Ontario played for the hometown London Knights of the OHL for parts of four seasons before turning professional. He led the club to back-to-back OHL titles in 2011-12 and 2012-13, and struck for 32 points (three goals, 29 assists) in 169 career junior games.
The Hershey Bears 2017-18 season is almost here! The puck drops on the historic 80th anniversary season with the home opener on Saturday, Oct. 14 versus Belleville. Information on the 2018 Capital BlueCross Outdoor Classic, full season tickets, 22-game and 12-game plans and flex-10 ticket plans for the 2017-2018 season is available now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Flexible ticket plans start as low as $195 per seat.
- NewGame Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bear Blow Past Sound Tigers, 5-1
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Rally in Third, Fall in Overtime to Marlies
- Game Preview: Marlies at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Leach Signs AHL Deal, Returns to Stingrays
- Bears Erupt Late, Bolt Past T-Birds 5-3
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #23: Busy Home Stretch Ahead
- Mason Mitchell Re-assigned to South Carolina