Bears Re-Sign Forward Dustin Gazley
"We're excited to welcome Dustin Gazley back for the 2017-18 season," said Helmer. "With his injury, we missed Dustin's contributions greatly last season. He's a guy who adds a great deal of speed to our lineup and has proven to our coaching staff he can provide a scoring punch and be a reliable player. He is a strong addition to our forward group as we continue to improve our roster."
Gazley, 28, has appeared in 178 games with Hershey over the past four seasons, recording 85 points (41 goals, 44 assists) and a plus/minus rating of +25. The 5-foot-8, 165-pound winger has also racked up 14 points (seven goals, seven assists) in 38 playoff games with Hershey.
The native of Novi, Michigan missed the majority of the 2016-17 season due to injury. In his first game of the season on Oct. 23, Gazley suffered a fractured foot and did not return to the lineup until Mar. 31. He scored one goal in three regular season games, and skated in all 12 of Hershey's playoff games, scoring one goal.
Gazley has played in 207 career AHL games with Hershey and Binghamton, scoring 94 points. Prior to advancing to the AHL, Gazley was a member of the ECHL All-Rookie Team, ECHL First All-Star Team, and was the ECHL's Rookie of the Year in 2011-12 with the Elmira Jackals. During the 2011-12 campaign, he led the ECHL in assists (60) and points (85). The former Michigan State University star was also named to the 2012-13 ECHL All-Star Game.
Information on full season tickets, 22-game and 12-game plans and flex-10 ticket plans for the 2017-2018 season is available now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Flexible ticket plans start as low as $195 per seat.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.
- Weekly Release #19: With Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada