Paul Carey Re-Assigned to Hershey
Carey enjoyed a breakout season with Hershey, notching a career best in goals (24), assists (31), and points (55) in 55 games this season. He was tied for the team lead with Christian Thomas in goals, and finished fourth on the team in points. Earlier this year, Carey notched a 19-game point streak from Oct. 26 through Dec. 26. His point streak is tied for the third longest in Hershey history, and was the longest streak in the AHL since Hershey’s Alexandre Giroux notched points in a club record 23 consecutive games during the 2008-09 season. Carey tallied 11 multi-point games during the regular season, including a four goal performance on Mar. 18 versus Hartford.
Carey, 28, returns to Hershey after being recalled to Washington on Mar. 24. During several recalls, Carey appeared in six games with the Capitals during the 2016-17 season. He also skated in one playoff game with Washington.
The Bears continue the Atlantic Division Finals tonight in Providence with Game 4 at 7:05 p.m. at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. The game may be heard on the Bears Radio Network and viewed on AHLLive.com.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.
- Weekly Release #19: With Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada