Hershey Bears Re-Sign Joey Leach & Domenic Monardo for 2016-2017
(Hershey, PA – July 7, 2016) – The Hershey Bears have re-signed defenseman Joey Leach and forward Domenic Monardo to a one-year American Hockey League (AHL) contracts for 2016-2017 season. Both players are returning members of the organization from last season.
Leach, 24, spent the last four season in the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL) and AHL. This will be his second season with the Bears organization as last season he played 58 games with the South Carolina Stingrays and 6 with the Bears. Another Saskatchewan native, Leach was drafted #73 in round 3 of the 2010 NHL draft.
Monardo comes from the Springfield Falcons organization, where he played for the past two seasons. The 27-year-old, 5’10, 187-pound Monardo was part of the Hershey Bears organization during the 2013-2014 season when he played for the Reading Royals. That season he played a career-high of 70 games.
For more Hershey Bears’ news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat @HersheyBears and for more information, visit www.HersheyBears.com.
- NewBears Blank Devils in 1-0 Overtime Win
- NewSaturday's Game in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Moved to 3:05 p.m.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Bears Start Four-Game Road Trip
- Bears Sweep Home-and-Home with Lehigh Valley
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Samsonov's First AHL Shutout Helps Bears Snap Skid in Allentown
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- T-Birds Skate Past Bears With 6-2 Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.