BEARS AGREE TO TERMS WITH FORWARD JOE DIAMOND
Diamond, 25, completed his first full professional season in 2013-14, spending a majority of the year with the AHL’s Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Diamond recorded 12 points (seven goals, five assists) in 37 games with Bridgeport, and added nine points (one goal, eight assists) in 11 games with the ECHL’s Stockton Thunder.
The 5-8, 175-pound native of Long Beach, New York also appeared in 10 games with the Sound Tigers in 2012-13, following completion of his fourth year at the University of Maine (HE). Diamond served as captain of the Black Bears in his senior season, and led the squad in goals (14), shorthanded goals (two) and penalty minutes (147) while finishing second in points (24). His junior year was his most successful, as the forward tied for fifth in the NCAA in goals (25), tied for the national lead in power play goals (11) and established a career-best 47 points. He was also named to the Hockey East Second Team and earned a spot on the Hockey East All-Tournament Team.
In four years at Maine, Diamond amassed a total of 104 points (59 goals, 45 assists).
Information on group tickets and season tickets for the 2014-2015 Hershey Bears regular season is available by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Many different flexible plans are offered and start as low as $170.
- NewGame Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bear Blow Past Sound Tigers, 5-1
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Rally in Third, Fall in Overtime to Marlies
- Game Preview: Marlies at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Leach Signs AHL Deal, Returns to Stingrays
- Bears Erupt Late, Bolt Past T-Birds 5-3
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #23: Busy Home Stretch Ahead
- Mason Mitchell Re-assigned to South Carolina