BEARS SIGN GOALTENDER SERGEY KOSTENKO
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed goaltender Sergey Kostenko to an American Hockey League contract for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Kostenko, a 19-year-old native of Novokuznetsk, Russia, appeared in 40 games last season with Kuznetskie Medvedi (Metallurg) of the Russian junior league. He posted a goals-against average of 2.98 and a save percentage of .897.
The 5-11, 187-pound netminder was named to the Russian national team that won the silver medal at last season’s U-20 World Junior Championships, but did not play in the tournament. He played in three games of the 2010 U-18 World Junior Championships, registering a goals-against average of 2.05 and save percentage of .902.
Kostenko recently participated in the Washington Capitals’ Development Camp, held earlier this month at Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, VA. He was selected by the Capitals in the seventh round (203rd overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
- NewBears Blank Devils in 1-0 Overtime Win
- NewSaturday's Game in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Moved to 3:05 p.m.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Bears Start Four-Game Road Trip
- Bears Sweep Home-and-Home with Lehigh Valley
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Samsonov's First AHL Shutout Helps Bears Snap Skid in Allentown
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- T-Birds Skate Past Bears With 6-2 Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.