BEARS SIGN GOALTENDER SERGEY KOSTENKO
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed goaltender Sergey Kostenko to an American Hockey League contract for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Kostenko, a 19-year-old native of Novokuznetsk, Russia, appeared in 40 games last season with Kuznetskie Medvedi (Metallurg) of the Russian junior league. He posted a goals-against average of 2.98 and a save percentage of .897.
The 5-11, 187-pound netminder was named to the Russian national team that won the silver medal at last season’s U-20 World Junior Championships, but did not play in the tournament. He played in three games of the 2010 U-18 World Junior Championships, registering a goals-against average of 2.05 and save percentage of .902.
Kostenko recently participated in the Washington Capitals’ Development Camp, held earlier this month at Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, VA. He was selected by the Capitals in the seventh round (203rd overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule
- Capitals Re-Sign Liam O'Brien
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Kelly Zajac
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Dustin Gazley
- Capitals Sign Forward Wayne Simpson
- Bears Re-Sign Goaltender Parker Milner
- Captain Garrett Mitchell Returns For 2017-18 Season
- Travis Boyd Re-Signs with Capitals