BEARS SIGN GOALTENDER SERGEY KOSTENKO
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed goaltender Sergey Kostenko to an American Hockey League contract for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Kostenko, a 19-year-old native of Novokuznetsk, Russia, appeared in 40 games last season with Kuznetskie Medvedi (Metallurg) of the Russian junior league. He posted a goals-against average of 2.98 and a save percentage of .897.
The 5-11, 187-pound netminder was named to the Russian national team that won the silver medal at last season’s U-20 World Junior Championships, but did not play in the tournament. He played in three games of the 2010 U-18 World Junior Championships, registering a goals-against average of 2.05 and save percentage of .902.
Kostenko recently participated in the Washington Capitals’ Development Camp, held earlier this month at Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, VA. He was selected by the Capitals in the seventh round (203rd overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
- Bears Sign Goaltender Logan Thompson to AHL Contract
- Capitals Re-sign Brian Pihno
- Capitals Re-Sign Shane Gerisch
- 2018-19 Hershey Bears Season Recap
- Bears Season Ends in Game 4 Loss to Charlotte
- Game 4 Preview: Checkers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Late Goal in Game 3 Pushes Bears to Brink
- Game 3 Preview: Checkers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Axel Jonsson-Fjallby Re-assigned to Hershey
- Checkers Ride Strong Third Period Past Bears