BOYD KANE RE-SIGNS FOR 2012-2013 SEASON
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has re-signed left wing Boyd Kane to an American Hockey League contract for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Kane, 34, recorded 41 points (19 goals, 22 assists) and a team-best plus-12 rating in 67 regular-season games with HERSHEY in 2011-2012. He served as BEARS captain for the second time during his four-year term in Chocolatetown, and was also named playing captain for the Eastern Conference squad at the 2012 AHL All-Star Classic held in Atlantic City, NJ last January.
The 6-2, 225-pound native of Swift Current, SK has had a long and storied career in the American Hockey League, appearing in a total of 864 games over 14 seasons with Hartford, Springfield, Philadelphia, and HERSHEY. He has amassed 473 points (200 goals, 273 assists) in that time frame, along with 53 points (19 goals, 34 assists) in 123 career Calder Cup Playoff contests. Kane also posted three assists in 31 career NHL games with Philadelphia and Washington.
Kane has celebrated three Calder Cup Championships in his professional career (2005, Philadelphia; 2006 and 2010, HERSHEY), captaining two different teams to AHL titles in consecutive seasons.
Kane was originally selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the third round (76th overall) of the 1996 NHL Entry Draft. Kane re-entered the draft and was selected by the New York Rangers in the fourth round (114th overall) in 1998.
- NewPhantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game
- Rising Artist Runaway June to Headline Pepsi Fan Fest