DANY SABOURIN SIGNS ONE-YEAR EXTENSION FOR 2012-13
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that goaltender Dany Sabourin has signed a one-year extension with the Washington Capitals/HERSHEY BEARS and will return for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Sabourin, 31, posted a record of 18-12-5 with two shutouts in 37 regular-season appearances last season and took over the BEARS goaltending duties following Braden Holtby’s permanent recall to Washington in March. He played admirably, stringing together seven consecutive wins to close out March with an 8-1-1 record and secure a berth for the BEARS in postseason play.
Sabourin holds a record of 32-21-5, a save percentage of .909, a goals-against average of 2.63 and four shutouts in 60 regular-season games in a HERSHEY sweater.
Over 12 professional seasons, the 6-4, 200-pound native of Val d’Or, PQ manned the nets in 266 AHL contests with Saint John, Lowell, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Manitoba, Springfield, Providence and HERSHEY, amassing a record of 129-105-19 with 18 career shutouts.
Sabourin garnered the Aldege “Baz” Bastien and Harry “Hap” Holmes Memorial Awards in 2005-06 for being named the American Hockey League’s top goaltender and for helping post the lowest team goals-against average. He also appeared in 57 NHL games with Calgary, Pittsburgh and Vancouver.
Sabourin was originally selected by the Calgary Flames in the fourth round (108th overall) of the 1998 NHL Entry Draft.
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule
- Capitals Re-Sign Liam O'Brien
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Kelly Zajac
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Dustin Gazley
- Capitals Sign Forward Wayne Simpson
- Bears Re-Sign Goaltender Parker Milner
- Captain Garrett Mitchell Returns For 2017-18 Season
- Travis Boyd Re-Signs with Capitals