DANY SABOURIN SIGNS ONE-YEAR EXTENSION FOR 2012-13
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that goaltender Dany Sabourin has signed a one-year extension with the Washington Capitals/HERSHEY BEARS and will return for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Sabourin, 31, posted a record of 18-12-5 with two shutouts in 37 regular-season appearances last season and took over the BEARS goaltending duties following Braden Holtby’s permanent recall to Washington in March. He played admirably, stringing together seven consecutive wins to close out March with an 8-1-1 record and secure a berth for the BEARS in postseason play.
Sabourin holds a record of 32-21-5, a save percentage of .909, a goals-against average of 2.63 and four shutouts in 60 regular-season games in a HERSHEY sweater.
Over 12 professional seasons, the 6-4, 200-pound native of Val d’Or, PQ manned the nets in 266 AHL contests with Saint John, Lowell, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Manitoba, Springfield, Providence and HERSHEY, amassing a record of 129-105-19 with 18 career shutouts.
Sabourin garnered the Aldege “Baz” Bastien and Harry “Hap” Holmes Memorial Awards in 2005-06 for being named the American Hockey League’s top goaltender and for helping post the lowest team goals-against average. He also appeared in 57 NHL games with Calgary, Pittsburgh and Vancouver.
Sabourin was originally selected by the Calgary Flames in the fourth round (108th overall) of the 1998 NHL Entry Draft.
- NewHershey Bears Make New Additions to Coaching & Equipment Staff
- Hershey Bears Announce New Broadcaster
- Bears Announce 2016-2017 Promotional & Theme Nights
- Bears Preseason Game Now On Sale
- Hershey Bears Announce 2016-2017 Schedule
- Hershey Bears New Community Report for 2015-2016 Season
- Hershey Bears Announce New Assistant Coach
- Bears Announce New VP of Hockey Operations
- Randall "Randy" Waybright Announces Retirement
- Hershey Bears Sign Hubert Labrie, Colby Williams & Parker Milner