BEARS RECALL & RELEASE DEFENSEMAN PAUL BAIER
Baier, 26, appeared in two games with HERSHEY this season, going scoreless with five penalty minutes. In 39 games with the Stingrays, Baier has recorded eight points (two goals, six assists) and 40 penalty minutes.
The 6-4, 225-lb. native of Summit, NJ has appeared in a total of 200 career AHL games with Rochester, Binghamton, Portland and HERSHEY, totaling 35 points (8G, 27A). Prior to turning pro he completed four years at Brown University (ECAC), recording 28 points (5G, 23A) in 125 games.
Baier was originally selected by the Los Angeles Kings in the third round (95th overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. He was signed by the BEARS as a free agent on June 16, 2011.
The BEARS visit Hampton Roads for a two-game set with the Norfolk Admirals on Friday, January 27 at 7:30 PM and Saturday, January 28 at 7:15 PM. The team returns to GIANT Center for a 7:00 PM faceoff against the Connecticut Whale on Saturday, February 4. Individual tickets for this and all regular-season home games are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR, or by visiting ticketmaster.com.
HERSHEY BEARS hockey is more fun in groups! Make plans now to include the BEARS in your line-up. Groups of 15 or more can make the assist from the stands with deeply discounted tickets, exciting group specialty nights, incentives for group leaders and delicious food and beverage options. Call (717) 508-BEAR for more information or to order tickets.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.
- Weekly Release #19: With Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada