POTULNY AND FORD SIGN UP FOR 2011-12
07/01/2011 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 1, 2011 CONTACT: John Walton-HERSHEY BEARS CENTER RYAN POTULNY AND RIGHT WING MATTHEW FORD SIGN WITH WASHINGTON/HERSHEY POTULNY BRINGS 123 GAMES OF NHL EXPERIENCE TO CHOCOLATETOWN AFTER WINNING CALDER CUP WITH BINGHAMTON, FORD WITH CAREER HIGH 26 GOALS FOR LAKE ERIE IN 2010-11 HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the NHL's Washington Capitals that the club has signed center Ryan Potulny and right wing Matthew Ford for the upcoming 2011-12 season. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Potulny, 26, comes to HERSHEY after helping lead the Binghamton Senators to the 2011 Calder Cup championship. He scored 14 goals and assisted on 12 others in 23 Calder Cup playoff games this past spring, leading the Senators in scoring. Potulny has 123 games of NHL experience entering the 2011-12 season, having skated with the Philadelphia Flyers, Edmonton Oilers, Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators. He has 22 career NHL goals. A three-year standout at the University of Minnesota, Potulny scored 38 goals in just 41 games for the Golden Gophers in 2005-06. Potulny's brother Grant played for HERSHEY during the 2007-08 season. Ford, 26, makes his way to Chocolatetown after a career-high 26 goals for Lake Erie (AHL) this past season. A native of West Hills, CA, Ford played four seasons at the University of Wisconsin (NCAA) before turning pro, and was selected in the eighth round, 256th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft by the Chicago Blackhawks. The BEARS will open the 2011-12 regular season in early October, with season ticket plans available now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. The American Hockey League is expected to release the 2011-12 regular season schedule in early August.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at IceHogs, 5 p.m. ET
- NewBears Beat Grand Rapids 4-2 to Earn First Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Griffins, 7 p.m.
- Bears Fall in Milwaukee, 4-1
- Game Preview: Bears at Admirals, 8 p.m.
- Lindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.