BEARS SIGN DEFENSEMAN PAUL BAIER FOR 2011-12
07/01/2011 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 1, 2011 CONTACT: John Walton-HERSHEY BEARS BEARS SIGN DEFENSEMAN PAUL BAIER FOR UPCOMING 2011-12 SEASON BLUELINER WITH AHL EXPERIENCE IN PORTLAND, BINGHAMTON AND ROCHESTER SIGNS UP FOR CHOCOLATETOWN THIS FALL HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed defenseman Paul Baier to an AHL contract for the upcoming 2011-12 season. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Baier, 6'4" 225 lbs, played in 62 games last season for Rochester (AHL), scoring two goals and assisting on eight others. A native of Summit, NJ, Baier brings 198 games of AHL experience to HERSHEY this fall, having previously played for the Binghamton Senators and Portland Pirates. He also accumulated 80 penalty minutes in 2010-11. Baier, 26, played collegiately at Brown University from 2004-08, playing in 125 games over four seasons. The BEARS will open the 2011-12 regular season in early October, with season ticket plans available now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. The American Hockey League is expected to release the 2011-12 regular season schedule in early August.
- NewLindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Senators Spoil Hershey's Home Opener with 5-2 Win
- Home Opener Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Recalled by Capitals
- Bears Weekly Release #1: 2017-18 Season Is Here
- Bears Fall to Phantoms in Season Opener, 7-2