BOYD KANE BACK IN HERSHEY FOR 2011-12
06/06/2011 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 6, 2011 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – LEFT WING BOYD KANE RE-SIGNS WITH HERSHEY FOR 2011-12 SEASON THREE-TIME CALDER CUP CHAMPION BACK IN CHOCOLATETOWN AFTER TYING CAREER BESTS IN GOALS AND POINTS IN 2010-11 HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today the signing of left wing Boyd Kane to an AHL contract for the upcoming 2011-12 season. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Kane, 33, will enter 2011-12 following the two best seasons of goal production in his professional career. He scored a career-high 24 goals for HERSHEY in 2009-10, helping lead the BEARS to a Calder Cup title. Kane followed up that performance with another 24 goals in 2010-11, ranking him fourth on the team in that department. His 49 points in 2010-11 tied a career-best, tied with his output for HERSHEY in 2005-06. A native of Swift Current, SK, Kane scored 45 goals over three seasons with the Philadelphia Phantoms from 2006-2009 after captaining the BEARS to the 2006 Calder Cup. Kane also served as captain of the Phantoms in 2004-05, leading Philadelphia to the 2005 Calder Cup championship. Kane is one of only two men in AHL history to lead two different teams to Calder Cup titles in consecutive seasons. Former HERSHEY skater Dave Fenyves led both the BEARS and Rochester Americans to AHL championships in 1987 and 1988. Kane returns to HERSHEY with 31 games of NHL experience, most recently skating for the Washington Capitals in three games during the 2009-10 season. HERSHEY BEARS season ticket plans are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR, with many different plans available. The 2011-12 American Hockey League regular season schedule is due out in early August.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at IceHogs, 5 p.m. ET
- NewBears Beat Grand Rapids 4-2 to Earn First Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Griffins, 7 p.m.
- Bears Fall in Milwaukee, 4-1
- Game Preview: Bears at Admirals, 8 p.m.
- Lindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.