CAPITALS SIGN GARRETT MITCHELL, ASSIGN HIM TO HERSHEY
03/19/2011 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 19, 2011 Capitals Sign Right Wing Garrett Mitchell ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have signed free agent right wing Garrett Mitchell to a three-year entry-level contract beginning next season, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Mitchell, 19, has recorded 50 points (18 goals, 32 assists) and 140 penalty minutes in 69 games with the Regina Pats (WHL) this season. He ranks second on the team in goals, third in assists and points and is second on the team in penalty minutes. The Pats captain has registered 110 points (51 goals, 59 assists) and 465 penalty minutes in 263 career WHL games. Following tonight's final regular season game with Regina, Mitchell will report to the Hershey Bears (AHL) on an amateur tryout agreement. Mitchell, a 5'11", 185-pound forward from Regina, Saskatchewan, was Washington's sixth-round selection, 175th overall, in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He and fellow 2009 draft picks Marcus Johansson (1st round, 24th overall), Dmitry Orlov (2nd round, 55th overall), Cody Eakin (3rd round, 85th overall) and Brett Flemming (5th round, 145th overall) have now signed with the Capitals.
- NewCapitals Recall Graovac
- Bears Fall 2-1 to Springfield Wednesday Night
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #7: Bears Thankful for Winning Weeks
- Hughes Recalled, Geiger Returns to Stingrays
- O'Brien Scores in 4-1 Loss at Providence
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 1:05 p.m.
- Bears Win Again, Top Bruins 4-1 in Providence
- Hockey in Heels Heads Outdoors!
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.