VETERAN FORWARD JAMIE JOHNSON JOINS BEARSListen Now
Johnson, 31, will return to North America after his second stint playing overseas. Last season, Johnson played in 52 games with the KHL Dinamo Riga, recording 22 points (eight goals, 14 assists). He also played the 2008-09 season in Europe with Finland’s TPS Turku, tallying eight goals and 20 assists in 42 games.
In between his two years spent overseas, the 5-10, 185-pound native of London, Ontario had successful campaigns in the American Hockey League. His most recent AHL tenure was spent with the Grand Rapids Griffins, where he recorded 96 points (33 goals, 63 assists) in 154 games from 2010-2012, tying for the Griffins’ scoring lead in 2011-12. In 2009-10, Johnson put up career numbers with 27 goals, 44 assists and 71 points in all 80 games played as the scoring leader of the Rochester Americans.
In his 423-game AHL career, Johnson has racked up 282 points (96 goals, 186 assists) with Iowa, Bridgeport, Albany, Rochester and Grand Rapids.
Prior to turning pro, Johnson played four years of junior hockey with the OHL’s Sarnia Sting and Oshawa Generals, totaling 249 points (55 goals, 194 assists) in 262 career games.
Season tickets for the 2013-14 Hershey Bears regular season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Many different flexible plans are available and start as low as $165.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.
- Weekly Release #19: With Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada
- Bears Recall Hughes from Stingrays
- Late Comeback, Overtime Winner Earns Bears 3-2 Victory