PHILIPP GRUBAUER REASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that goaltender Philipp Grubauer has been reassigned to the club from the ECHL’s Reading Royals. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Grubauer, 20, has appeared in two games with the Royals so far this season, and sports a goals-against average of 2.56 and a save percentage of .900. Since turning pro last year, he has not yet appeared in a regular-season game with HERSHEY.
The 6-0, 180-pound native of Rosenheim, Germany posted a record of 23-13-5 in 43 games with the ECHL’s South Carolina Stingrays last season, finishing third among ECHL goaltenders with a goals-against average of 2.22. His 23 wins ranked sixth overall in the ECHL, and his 2,536 minutes played ranked seventh. He was named the ECHL Goaltender of the Month of November, 2011, and earned Reebok Hockey/ECHL Rookie of the Month honors for January, 2012.
Grubauer appeared in 105 career OHL games with Belleville, Windsor and Kingston from 2008-2011, going 52-36-10 with four shutouts. He was originally selected by the Washington Capitals in the fourth round (112th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
The BEARS are on the road to take on the Binghamton Senators tonight at 7:05 PM. The club will play its 75th American Hockey League home opener on Saturday, October 20 with a 7:00 PM faceoff against the Rochester Americans. The first 8,000 fans will receive a team schedule magnet courtesy of PNC Bank, and all fans will receive a commemorative 75th-anniversary wrapped HERSHEY chocolate bar upon exiting, courtesy of The HERSHEY Company. Tickets for this game and all HERSHEY BEARS home games are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR, or online at TicketMaster.com.
- NewWeekly Release #16: Bears Look Ahead after Outdoor Classic
- Phantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game